Thank you for your interest in sorority life at Western Illinois University. We are excited that you are registering for Panhellenic Council Recruitment.
The Panhellenic Council at Western Illinois University is made up of five (5) National Panhellenic Conference organizations: Alpha Sigma Alpha (ASA), Chi Omega (Chi O), Delta Zeta (DZ), Phi Sigma Sigma (Phi Sig), and Sigma Sigma Sigma (Tri Sigma). Each of the organizations is unique in its own way.
If you are interested in a culturally-based sorority, please visit the Fraternity & Sorority Life Homepage and the United Greek Council Instagram for more information.
Women interested in joining a PHC Sorority must meet the following minimum criteria:
1) Have completed high school
2) Be enrolled as a student at Western Illinois University
3) Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) coming out of high school OR an established college GPA* of 2.500 or higher. Western Illinois University does not round GPAs for eligibility.
4) Must not be enrolled through the Reach Program or Office of Academic Services (OAS)**.
If you have any questions before registering, please e-mail email@example.com or call the Office of Student Engagement at 309-298-3232.
We look forward to meeting you!
*Established college GPA: A student has either completed or transferred at least 12 credit hours to Western Illinois University. In that instance, the high school GPA will not be considered and only the established college GPA would be considered for eligibility.
**Students enrolled through OAS interested in participating in the recruitment process must contact their academic advisor to discuss eligibility.
You may often hear the acronym 'PNM' - this is short for 'Potential New Member' which is YOU as you have registered for recruitment!
You can view the Panhellenic lookbook for more information & outfit inspiration!
- Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment events range from August 24, 2023 – Friday, September 8, 2023. Some chapters may host an additional celebratory event on September 10, 2023.
- Panhellenic Recruitment Information Session - Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 6:00PM in the University Union Capitol Room.
- This event is for anyone looking to participate in recruitment and would like to learn more information about upcoming recruitment events.
- Panhellenic Sorority Open House Days - August 26 - September 5, 2023 with no events being held September 1 - 4, 2023.
- Open House Days (OHD) will be an introduction to the chapter/sorority and should strongly encourage any student that might be interested to attend whether registered for recruitment or not.
- You MUST attend at least 1 event from each of the 5 chapters in order to be eligible for primary recruitment. Each chapter is hosting 3 events that you can attend.
- Recruitment Orientation - Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 7:00PM.
- This is mandatory to participate in recruitment. If you have an obligation you cannot get out of (ie. class/practice) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PNMs will learn about the primary recruitment process for the 2 invitation rounds and Bid Day and meet the Panhellenic Executive Board member assigned to them as support.
- PNMs will input their preferences of chapters that would like to attend for the first invitation round.
- First Invitational Event/Philanthropy Day - Thursday, September 7, 2023.
- Only PNMs that have registered for recruitment & have attended an Open House Event from all 5 chapters are eligible to participate.
- All events are being hosted in the University Union.
- PNMs are required to check-in at the Brattain Lounge 4:30PM - 5:00PM. Events will conclude no later than 9:00PM.
- Preference Event - Friday, September 8, 2023
- Only PNMs that have registered for recruitment & have attended an Open House Event from all 5 chapters & the 1st Invitation Round/Philanthropy Day event they were scheduled for are eligible to participate.
- All events are being hosted in the University Union &/or approved housed facility (DZ or Tri Sigma).
- PNMs are required PNMs to arrive for check-in at the Brattain Lounge between 2:00PM - 2:30PM. Events will conclude no later than 6:00PM.
- Bid Night - Friday, September 8, 2023
- PNMs that are matched with a sorority through the recruitment process are required to check back in at the Union at 8PM. This celebratory event is to announce to which chapters PNMs match & allow them to
run home" to their new chapters.